Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Welcome baby door sign

Last year I made a welcome baby door sign for my daughter. Yes, she was already one and yes this would've come in handy to hang on the hospital door, but what can ya do? This was something I wanted to make for awhile but never got around to it. My inspiration came from an adorable sign I saw hanging on someone else's hospital door after she was born (I know, I told you it took me awhile to get to it). I wish I took a picture of my inspiration, but alas, I did not and couldn't even recall exactly what it looked like. What I did remember is that it was painted. And I don't paint, at least not well enough to pull off something cute. So I used scrapbook paper, vinyl and even added some flowers I made on my sewing machine for a little extra pop and dimension.

I included all the vital stats- name, date and time of birth, length and weight plus I added the meaning of her name. I love how it turned out and it's not even hanging on her door!

4 comments:

  1. Too cute! I need to make one when my baby comes! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at Pin It and Win It Wednesday @ www.cheapcraftymama.com-- where you can win free ad-space on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always nice finding other craft blogs!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute. I have to do this for my son's room. I want something like this and haven't done it yet ... he's almost 1! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-8.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really easy to make. Thanks for inviting me to your blog!

      Delete