Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ladybug birthday party

For my daughter's 1st birthday party, I chose a ladybug theme. I almost went with bugs/nature- like dragonflies, butterflies, bumblebees and the like along with ladybugs- but had so much fun with just ladybugs it didn't seem necessary. At any rate, this was my first party where I had the opportunity to create handmade crafts and I loved it! Almost everything was handmade for this party- I even baked the cake, cupcakes and cookies myself, so much fun!! Instead of the traditional black & red, I chose pink & green for the main colors.

Invitation 
I made two banners for inside & outside but 
the chance of rain led me to hang both indoors
droopier than I like, but had to hang low enough 
to be seen under the fan
High chair banner
Door signs- again, both ended up inside because of
the rain possibility
cans and flower cut-outs for centerpieces
hanging lanterns- semi-homemade. I loved the paper 
lanterns and had to buy them, but were intended for a baby shower
so I covered the feet & carriages with my own ladybugs
Wall decals to decorate the corners lined with streamers
Matching hat, onesie & bib
Cupcake toppers, water bottle labels & food labels

And last but not least, favor bags!
I had so much fun preparing for this party! I love all the details an very much enjoyed personalizing and creating my own decorations for my little girl's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment