Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Homemade Sugar Scrub

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. After two surgeries and radiation, she told me she was having a post-cancer/radiation party. I thought she was being metaphorical at first, but she said she was serious. The party was scheduled a few weeks ago and actually turned out to be a surprise 30th birthday party for me! Since I didn't know the party was for me, I had gifts prepared. I thought for an occasion such as this, homemade gifts would be welcome. I embroidered and sewed a little canvas bag- about the size for books- with the breast cancer logo and her name. I finished this particular gift at the very last minute (day we were leaving town for the party) so in my hurry forgot to take pictures! Next time I see her, I'll have to get some pics. I've wanted to make sugar scrub for awhile and thought this was the perfect opportunity to give it a go. I had an idea what ingredients were needed but not the measurements, so I went to the internet and found a great recipe here. I made some labels, dolled it up with a tulle ribbon and wah-la:
I cut her recipe in half and it fit perfectly in this jar, my mom says she loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment