Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bags

I've had this tote bag tutorial in my possession for awhile, waiting for a good time to use it. From Little Lizard King, this tutorial is super easy and cute! A good time came earlier this year when I made a bag for my mom's birthday or mother's day, I can't recall which (they're pretty close together). I didn't follow her measurements exactly, instead I bought a yard of fabric and eyeballed how large I wanted it.
I found the fabric and straps at JoAnn's (during a 40% off sale, yay!) and bought some for myself in case I liked enough to make my own. And I did! I love how they both turned out and mine came in handy for our beach trip last month. Since vinyl is sewn in, they're easy to clean as well. I know it's late in the year to start a beach bag of your own, but it would make a great overnight bag as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment