Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cute & Quick!

My MIL bought me a cube storage unit for my birthday and I made a few decorative items to adorn the top. I've decided to share them with you! They're both super quick, easy and in my opinion, cute!

I started with subway art. I wanted a home/family theme and got to work on my computer. You could easily do the same thing with your family names, address and maybe a special time or meaningful place. Just make it specific for your home & family, makes it extra special :)
 Then I painted the $1 frame I purchased from Michael's (or Walmart, can't remember which), grabbed a sheet of paper from my personal stash, cut to size and modge-podged it on! So easy. Cut out the subway art, set in the frame and you're finished! I love the damask design and  anything close to it and I wanted black & white for my decor, but you could use any color combo!
Next, I embellished a simple candle with scrapbook rub-on quotes. This is so easy your head might spin! Buy a candle- I got mine at the dollar store because I only plan to use it for decor, not scenting the house- then buy a sheet of scrapbook rub-on quotes (unless you keep some on hand like me, then just pick a phrase you like). Lastly, cut out the quote, tape it to the candle, rub and done! So simple and super cute! Go make one of your own, or several, you'll love it. :) And they can go anywhere in your house.
Here's what my cube looks like with my new crafts:

No comments:

Post a Comment